— Unknown (via psych-facts)
Lately I’ve found myself thinking about a lot of things. Like literally sitting in the quiet of my apartment just thinking. But some things make much more sense when I’m able to pluck them out and write the down so….for now and for the sake of remembering I’ll just put them here:
1) the robbery in Accra
2) the conversations that followed
3) the yearning and the rage and the vulnerability I felt for one man, one night, in a lobby far far away
4) the thoughts that ran through my head when I heard Angela speak
5) the feeling of having my Blackness questioned, altered, and/or ignored in Ghana
6) coming back to America and immediately being thrown back into it
7) thinking about Grandpa. And his life, and his stories.
8) working through the fact that they worked and argued so hard to make sure that the last face he saw on this Earth, the last hand he held was NOT that of a white man. What that meant and why.